Monday, March 13, 2017

Exercise and Boners

Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise. How many times do we hear that from our doctors, or read it in magazines and newspaper columns? It's as if we are constantly inundated. We've been told the better health we attain, the better and stronger we get the better and stronger our boners,
2

3
and the better our sexual appetite.
4

5
So, the more we exercise, the better our sex life, right?
6

7

8
Uh...maybe not. According to this article from the New York Times, sent by our Faithful Reader, Jean (she's looking out for us, guys!), the heavier workouts aren't doing you any favors.

"...men whose exercise was moderate to light in intensity or duration were far more likely to report moderate or high libidos than were men whose workouts were especially prolonged or intense.
9

10
The researchers at University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill conducted the study on 1100 men of varying ages. The speculation is that the more strenuous exercise leads to fatigue and lowers Testosterone. Lower Testosterone leads to flagging boners.
11

12
The answer, as usual: All things in moderation.

9 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I think that article is absolutely true. I work out is generally hand weights and dumbbells to keep me toned, and in shape and a jog around the lake and that's it. My libido is always very high. So I've been told. But my ex, who worked out rigorously was never near as horny as me. So I firmly believe this article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent info - good to know. I hope you had a lovely weekend, bro. Enjoy your day most orgasmically! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Unknown said...

Seems you have a partner in Jean, in keeping "IT" up! Another great post, as always!

Your French Patrick said...

The article from the New York Times is not a breaking news, it's well known for a long time and it's why, as for me, my practice of physical exercises very very highly moderate, reduced to the most basic expression of what is vital. My libido can content itself with people... to name nobody, let us say the persons I am interested in. Up to now, my libido shares my opinions, and not the opposite.
Love, hugs and bisous, my dear Jean and Pat.
.

T said...

I cant take gym seriously anymore; I just think its playtime. A few of us do. When we go we have a couple of friends that take it very seriously and they on the powders, shakes and heavy grunting as if they getting plowed into oblivion without a happy ending in sight.

All the body needs for moderate exercise (and its different for everyone) is a few minutes of higher activity other than walking just to get the heart rate up and the blood flowing. Anything outside of normal so the body knows to get things going is all it takes. Between 5-20mins each day for moderate exercise is all the body needs. You change it up each day so the muscle groups dont build a resistance to it and your set.

Sexual activity can even be included in that; as long as its something other than walking and gets the blood flow going. That includes having a wank as long as you can make it last at least 5mins. Try it in a few different positions/swap hands whatever to get the heart going.

If the goal is to lose weight then you should see a doctor first and get some bloodwork done to see if your body is getting the nutrients it needs and to plan a diet around that. Take your dinner plate with you so too so your doctor knows what size plate you be putting your food on (learn proper portion control). Not a good idea to skip the doctor bit as you could end up doing more harm than good.



whkattk said...

@ Patrick - Yes, Jean provides the woman's perspective in her comments here, and helps immensely by finding articles of interest for post topics. I'm so very grateful to her!

whkattk said...

@ T - Thank you for all of that. I really don't have much expertise in that area!

SickoRicko said...

Very good advice!

Xersex said...

also sex is an exercice!